Twenty one hardy souls signed up to participate in this free project, which I’m eager to do myself. There are many other ingredients that go into making a better blog, but this month we are concentrating on content, on the actual blog posts (along with some strategy around and behind the posts).
To over one month, create a better blog – Focusing on ways to:
- Create better quality blog posts
- Increase the quantity of blog posts
- Depending on which our site needs most, either increase the
- Diversity of blog posts or
- The focus of our blog posts
Those who signed up will receive and email Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the month of November 2009. Each email will have:
- The topic of the day, and Some points to think about
- An exercise
- And some resources/links to help people brainstorm, or to provide more information (most of these are not planned as must reads, as I know our time is limited, but they are there to provide more information for those who want/need it).
- For those who haven’t signed up, I’ll post a brief version of the day’s tasks, and to help get the community involved, I’ll ad some comments based on my experience doing the exercises, and ask for tips from all of us bloggers out there.
The Weeks are loosely themed:
Week 1: Getting Started on a Better Blog – Behind the Scenes Strategy
Week 2: Honing our Message
Week 3: Building our Inventory
Week 4: What comes Next
(Thanks to John Reddish @GetResults for helping me brainstorm the weekly titles)
Each day’s info are simply ideas, jumping off points as it were, gathered from several years of blog reading, time spent reading and absorbing information about blogging from other great bloggers, many years of writing in my work, a year of blogging, and are also informed by my 20 years of Public Relations experience. If I suggest one way/idea, feel free to make it work for you, but if you meet resistance, be sure to ask it to step aside and let you get on with playing and working; don’t let resistance move in front of you and block you from our goals.
I hope this inspires others to create better blogs this month too!
Related articles by Zemanta
- We set goals to give ourselves control. My blogging story shows how. (flowingmotion.wordpress.com)